View Single Post
Old 01.07.2016, 11:09 AM   #47644
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Meanwhile..

THE CURE - THE TOP: Strangely underrated. Anyone who likes HEAD ON THE DOOR shouldn't have a problem with this. Several great tunes. Allmusic: 2 stars (although fans have it at 3.5)

The Top is a great, but honestly I wish it sounded more like Head on the Door, which really stands out sound wise in the Cure's discography. Even among such a strong series of records, HOTD goes off in a number of different directions and doing so with better results than any other Cure album. Kiss Me... tries to do it better, but ultimately fails. The Top kind of got things started and laid the groundwork, but HOTD is exponentially better, in my always humble opinion.

It's hard to name a favorite Cure album, with gems all over the place, but I think Head on the Door is mine.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|