View Single Post
Old 02.07.2018, 10:43 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah a calendar and a to-do list are essential

gtd divides to-dos by context. i have @home, @errands (for multiple cities), @office, etc.

gtd also requires a separate master list of projects. so you don’t forget what you’re supposed to be moving forward.

you can keep these lists on paper (google “hipster pda”) or digitally. i used to keep them on evernote, now after years of practice i have them on omnifocus, which is specifically tailored for gtd but can be used with other systems. but i like it because it ties next-action with projects. can get very elaborate and it’s pricey but for me worth it.

as for a calendar, i prefer digital also, cuz of the alarms/reminders, and being able to sync beween the desktop and the pocket is essential for my adhd, ha ha ha. plus the cloud backup that prevents total loss.

i addition to this i do break my workday into pomodoros. it’s much better to know that i can post shit here at the end of 25 minnutes than to let myself be thinking about it at random times, and creating a distraction.

the pomodoro workday is divided into 2h blocks separated by 25 min long breaks.

each 2h block is broken into 4 “pomodoros” of 25m in length each, with 5 min breaks in between.

the deal is taht those pomodoros are pure unadulterated focus—everything that’s not-work gets pushed out.

the 5 min breaks are for piss/water/bullshits

the 25 min long breaks are to stretch the brain, poke around the internet, etc.

this arrangement is of course not feasible if your day includes a lot of random interruptions, phone calls, texts, impromptu meetings, prattling office mates, etc.

but if you can hack it, it’s worth the effort

when i can work my GTD tasks into a pomodoro schedule, it’s pure magic

the pomodoro technique was invented by a student (who is now a business guy), and as such it’s best for studying and learning, but it can be adapted to any workday, at least by chunks, especially when you require deep concentration/thought and can fend off interruptions. it is truly a glorious thing.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|