View Single Post
Old 01.22.2018, 10:34 PM   #4924
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ambrose bierce was the first one to come up with carcosa. then one robert chambers and lovecraft himself ripped off the name. the chambers dude added the yellow king. no—the king in yellow.

bierce also came up (thanks wikipedia!) with the monster that ends up as cthulhu’s half brother. h— something.

you ever read ambrose bierce? i’ve only read his devil’s dictionary and it’s hilarious.

“an inhabitant of carcosa” is in this book: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4366

which i’m tempted to read now

—-

i was just browsing inside the book and hastur is “god of shepherds” not a monster (yet).

Yeah, devil’s dictionary and perhaps some short stories? Name very familiar. On bookcase somewhere. Will solve mystery.

But no, clearly I’m not a devotee. Read Devil’s Dictionary and a few others maybe.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|