View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 10:36 AM   #35
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
And anyway, there's something wrong with the idea of Nick Cave revisiting his Birthday Party years in any way.

We've been through the other stuff you say enough times that I think we've covered every point on both sides. However, I do want to address the above, because believe it or not, I agree with you. Never once did I say that Cave should redo his Birthday Party stuff, or even that the best Bad Seeds material was Birthday Party clone music.

I said that I loved the early Bad Seeds material because it continued where the Birthday Party left off. Which is to say took those roots and explored them in new ways and new direction. You can tell it's the same guy at the front, but From Her to Eternity is very much a new band and new experience. I just have trouble with the stuff a little further down the line that's way less unique in general. Honestly, it's still better music than 90% of what's out there, but if somebody asks me to reccomend his best work with the Bad Seeds, I'm going to point to the early stuff without hesitation.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|