View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 08:24 PM   #69
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Got home an hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
wow, wow, wow. my first sonic experience and i'm still riding high. what a show. i don't have the time to write out the setl ist but it started w/ candle and ended in the best version ofshaking helll i've ever heard. met some really nice guys who had been following them from atp, friends of moshe i think, from israel. before the show i went to l'horloge but couldn't get the balls to ask if anyone was part of the SYG gangg, so you probably saw a kid with fluffy blonde hair, red trousers and a rainbow jumper wondering around looking like a twat... but that doesn'nt matter because i saw sonic youth! sonic life!
wow
tomas

I didn't know how to stop you from roaming about in that jumper with that anxious look on your face either. I was pretty sure it was but you were so good-looking and young that it was impressive for the regular, 36 years-old man I grew to become.
Saw you later in the Zénith with a bunch of 3-4 guys by the sandwich salesman.
I actually met someone from the board, a nice fellow from Italy, diamondsea.

I had to split my time between him and people I already knew.

Hope you got to see the band after the show, man !

The Dinosaur set was really short, which puzzled us.
Lee sang on Little Fury Things (which came third); they played Forget the Swan, Freak Scene, Straight to your Heart (diamondsea told me it was a new one), and they ended with SludgeFeast if I'm right.
No encores.

The setlist is probably incorrect, as I wouldn't swear the titles were played in the following order :
Candle opened for sure, then came
Reena (sure),
Incinerate (sure),
a great version of Skip Tracer (sure)
Then the band played
What a Waste (probably 5th)...
Rapture...
Turquoise Boy...
100%...
Rats (Thurston on bass)...
a beautiful version of Jams Run Free with Kim dancing around - she danced a lot during her songs - in a lovely golden dress...
World Looks Red (wow!)...
Pink Steam (near the end).
Encore # 1 :
The Neutral (Mark seemed to appreciate playing this one very much),
Teenage Riot (a wonderful version of it)
Encore # 2 :
Lights Out (still in my head),
Shaking Hell (very good, as said above).

Steve Shelley had eaten Dave Grohl before the show, he pounded the drums like noone. Excellent.

A great night.

Gotta wake up to go to work in 4 hours.

See ya.

Sorry to have missed you Tomas.
Sorry I had to go so soon, diamond.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|