View Single Post
Old 12.17.2023, 09:09 AM   #12
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, and the quality shows. thanks for posting fresh ones. i always look, even if i might post nothing. love the new ones

marina! do you ever go sailing? and (because im curious about the lifestyle) are there any liveaboards? would you do it?

im okay, busy all day and with a good daily routine, but i always get the nomadic urge....
Thank you, much appreciated. I don't think I ever put as much effort into learning something as I do with photography. You do really invest a lot of time, energy, physical, mental and technical, but still never quite manage the results you expect. And you shouldn't, or you will get into the sort of mindset that a nicely exposed photo and expensive gear is all you need. Not in my case, anyway. We do 'sailings' occasionally, but it's mainly because of operating work boats to re-shuffle boat locations in the marinas. Assisting with pump outs, ang welcoming new mooring customers etc. Occasionally you do that with just using ropes, depending on the size of the boat and where the berth is. It's a very niche job which involves physical work, administration, event organising, health and safety, customer care and spotting stuff not working the way it should in the facilities provided. And sweeping bird shit off the pontoons too. There are also some things you do I don't always find pleasant. For instance, walking around the area and checking you don't spot dead bodies in the water. Long story. The world of boating is so different from renting/owning a conventional home.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|