Thread: Hank Williams.
View Single Post
Old 12.09.2010, 03:55 PM   #87
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I should mention that in principle there's everything wrong with womanisers and rock and roll is pretty disgusting in its valorisation of some horrendous people. Hank's by no means the worst in this but I don't think we should exonerate people just solely because their music's great. I tend to think the reason women don't get involved in rock is partly because the crowd buy into the 'rock myth' thing so as to exonerate themselves of being cunts. Y'know, ladies do unfortunately get raped a lot of the time in rock crowds, and the mythology surrounding it is partly to blame.
Worst of all is the defence mechanism adopted by some of the ones who on the surface appear brighter and more brilliantly humorous than others, but on close inspection and when challenged reveal themselves to be covering either their own tracks or those of like-minded musicians/people. There should be a whole chapter dedicated to finely disguised idiocy and bigotry in the history of not just rock music.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|