View Single Post
Old 09.08.2010, 02:15 AM   #59
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I can't speak for other people, but it seems to me as if after the age of 22, so called "friends" become less and less dependable when it comes to recreational activities (like playing in a band). People just move onto other things, sometimes becoming their parents, sometimes remaining in some fantasy land (that only occasionally becomes reality for anyone) of accomplishing whatever goals they had in their youth. I was in that second position until nearly a year ago...I'm interested in other things now. I'd like to be in a band that practiced only when convenient for everyone involved. Radical adults lick godhead style + all that jazz, I know...but chances are if ya haven't accomplished anything (musically...) on a serious level by the age of 30 it just isn't going to happen. Unless of course, you consider "having fun" a major accomplishment...I damned sure do. Music just isn't something I feel like wasting my time pursuing on a serious level anymore.

In other words, Thurston did say it's the adults doing most of the radical stuff these days, + I do agree...but it doesn't change the fact that every time I've seen the youth they've had bands far younger than themselves opening up.

People should pursue what they want, for as long as they want. I just don't have time to expect much out of my "friends" these days. Of course we still hang out from time to time...but starting a band with any of them, and taking it seriously, is almost pointless.