View Single Post
Old 06.06.2010, 04:33 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Both me and atsonicpark were there for it. Granted, I was a lot younger than both of you but I listened to a lot of that stuff! And what about the bands Adam named, "Deadlights, Kittie, Static-X, Amen, etc."? How are they not nu-metal?

who said they weren't? They all have hip hop drumwork, though Kittie a bit less obviously. I am not arguing against other nu-metal bands, I am simply stating that you guys are expanding the genre too far, RATM/deftones/koRn are rap rock, SOAD is hardcore/metal, and the rest are cool, as long as you remember that nu-metal is the afterbirth of rap-rock, just like no-wave came out of gutter punk, and metal came out of heavy blues.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|