View Single Post
Old 01.27.2007, 11:53 AM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
That Ai-Tal gig was pretty awesome.

Hey there, naysayers, read the article. It's a great article, one of my favourite ones for the Wire for ages. It entirely hammers home the point that 1) a gig is an intensely personal experience - for instance, sonicl described NNCK at ATP as 'pretentious artschool bollocks' (or words to that effect), whereas many here thought it was top. My 'best ever' gig would be different to yours, even if it was the same gig.

2) The general list of 'best ofs' are always based on an assumption that all experiences are universally 'good'. I know a few people who saw the pistols in '77 and thought they were shit. None of you were there for the so-called 'best ever' gigs by the Beatles, Hendrix, Stones etc, so it's entirely ridiciulous to suggest, even if you've seen the DVD, that you're opinion on something that you weren't present for is somehow the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|