View Single Post
Old 01.15.2014, 09:57 PM   #49
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
First time I heard it, I was going to return it because I thought my copy was damaged.

Haha. Quite literally, at my first listen to the disk, I honestly thought the exact same thing!

Quote:
Every song is a winner. Live performances of the songs rock. Could have been the best thing they ever did.
The entire live process of creating that record was some of their best. In 2003 their shows had these jams and interludes that were Sonic Nurse good, and this is the material that became The Woods and the Woods tours in 2005/06. Live it is their best material, but their best record will always be The Hot Rock.

Quote:

Theory: they realized it was a great record, figured it might make them super famous, they didn't want to deal with that, so they said "Let's ruin it." S

I'm totally into that interpretation, though it still backfired! While Dig Me Out got them buzzing in the music magazines and The Hot Rock was very much their Ok Computer moment with these magazine writers fad period, The Woods definitely was their most mainstream record and era. It got them too big, which really led to their decline because very clearly Corin was getting more into her family life and after 14 solid years of touring she wanted a break. With the Corin Tucker Band she has put out two really great records, but only toured twice for a month at a time each. S-K was getting way too big for that, it was all or nothing, and those ladies decided to go out on top instead of pushing it over..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|