View Single Post
Old 11.10.2010, 01:49 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I posted about this on the 2010 thread, but it deserves its own thread, this album is just fucking excellent, I'm going to buy a copy of it asap. It reminds me a LOT of captain beefheart (specifically doc at the radar station era); oddly anthemic but fractured clean guitar lines, tom/hat-happy unconventional drums, and obviously a brilliant bass presence. The musical interplay is topnotch.. unbelievable. The vocals pretty much just consist of Watt yelling in a constipated voice (mean that in the nicest way possible), and they sound awesome!

I actually like this album better than any Minutemen album (!), or any previous album Watt has appeared on. GREAT album.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|