View Single Post
Old 11.19.2019, 07:25 PM   #53013
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Everyone, really? Up until now I'd have been hardpressed to find anyone who'd say so. Maybe I live in a bubble, but it's Joy Division over New Order all the way. And I strongly agree with that assessment. Not that I don't like New Order, they had a few absolute bangers, but their output doesn't even come close to the impact Joy Division had on me - both on an emotional level and relating to my listening habits.

I think I’m just falling into a recency bias and letting some thread on twitter impact my reasoning. Must be.

I like New Order too, but I can’t quite concede that they’re better or even at the level of Joy Division, despite being VERY different groups.
It’s not, like, a Minor Threat/Fugazi situation, where the original band is just outclassed in every way by the band that grew from their ashes.

Not saying it’s a Nirvana/Foo Fighters or Beatles/Wings situation either. New Order is great, but ... I mean, JOY DIVISION.

Oh well.
I’m dumb.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|