View Single Post
Old 03.14.2015, 03:17 AM   #18615
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Really? I thought it may be good. Who else seen it?

Gyllenhaal's performance is top-notch and the main attraction of the film. Too many compare it to Drive, and it obviously falls short of that (especially in the soundtrack department). There's some killer off-beat cinematography though, and if you're like me, you may relate to the protagonist's mania a little too much despite some far-fetched plot elements. See it for Gyllenhaal, but maybe watch Enemy instead.

Upon seeing it, I thought it was masterful: my favorite film of 2014. Looking back though, it doesn't even reach my top five for the year. Birdman, Insterstellar, Under the Skin, Tusk, Foxcatcher, Gone Girl, and even How to Train Your Dragon 2 were all far more enjoyable. Nightcrawler is like a low 8/10.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|