View Single Post
Old 04.04.2014, 04:39 PM   #37369
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Don't diss animals like that, haven't you ever had a dog or a cat? They are not mechanical, they are sentient beings. They make willful decisions based on their own cognition and consciousness. Elephants can paint imaginary pictures. Apes can express complex emotions through sign language. Parrots can learn to do algebra. How is it that humans continually forget that, duh, WE ARE ANIMALS, so any traits we see in ourselves logically must also exist in other animals. We share the same physiology. Further, animals have skills we couldn't fathom. Echolocation? Thermal imaging? Sensitivity to electromagnetism or gravity? Sometimes animals make us look all the more stupid and helpless really..

a dog will eat until it barfs from overeating, and it will do so over and over and over again. the only dogs/cats I have known that seem sentient and that seem to make actual decisions are the ones that people got high.

(I have a theory that primates ingested psychotropic substances which forced them to confront the mind/self duality, thereby creating the mental structure that humans use to such varied ends)