View Single Post
Old 04.08.2006, 09:15 AM   #58
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Haha Glice!

I might be deviating from the issue here, because the categorization of Ebonics is completely irrelevant to the point (however fucktarded it may be) that I'm trying to make.

I don't care if it's a language, a dialect, a patois, a goddamn pate.

I can understand it, and I rarely, if ever use it.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, THOSE WHO SPEAK EBONICS CAN UNDERSTAND ME.

I don't have much linguistic training either, but I'm going to be an asshole here and assert that that doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I don't care if, when you deconstruct it, ebonics comes from another planet. I don't care if it has a varied grammatical structure that qualifies it as a separate language. It is a modified, modifiable, dynamic offshoot of American English, and many parts of it have come into existence after the fact.

IT IS SLANG.

And, I must repeat, no one who habitually 'speaks' Ebonics can claim to have a language barrier with someone who speaks standardized English.

They understand it. They are exposed to it more frequently than Ebonics. It is, as Glice pointed out, racial politics that drives its usage.

To be frank, I think it's deplorable to use this as an excuse not to conform to an educational standard. It is lazy, contentious, and spiteful, and only serves to deepen the racial divide.

BULLSHIT, I tell you, BULLSHIT.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|