View Single Post
Old 10.27.2014, 06:25 PM   #36
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i ll do some sort of diary entry here.

but first tree things
I. got to sit front row, had Lee directly in front of me. i could end the post here.
II. wowed inside at the sight of one of the most attractive and handsome boys i ve seen lately (?), but you know..whatever.
III. many feelings for Lee*

so. i cant listen to sy anymore. havent at all for some time.
at some point recently, i thought the only song i could, was macbeth. however, i did have a listen to sy. ATL and other songs from here and there.
Lee's solos as you know, are my favorite.
however, what he has been doing lately, i couldnt bring myself to take a listen. heard few notes from some of those new songs and stopped.

now about the live.
i went because it is Lee. Lee.
ιif only to see his face and hear his voice.
so in that retrospect, i got what i went for.
got more stuff though. precious things.

musically. the songs played acoustically, i thought to my own surprise that i had that thought, sounded more interesting to my ears.
from that little i had listened to.
and no doubt he is a master of the guitar.
so basically, what i m trying to say is that he was -is- amazing.
he is a pleasure to look at while performing.
a fresh pillow i felt for my aesthetics to rest on.
my best moments were when he was talking in between the songs. since he is a master at spoken work as well. i could just have him talking for hours.
the talk he did before 'rising the tide' almost made me cry. not so much about what he was talking about. ok that too. and that song, i ll listen to it because that one i really really liked.
and then all those feelings about Lee and thoughts in general.
you know that irregular familiarity we have with members of bands we love?
add a gazillion of that feeling for members of sonic youth and another gazillion for Lee specifically.
like you know him..like you have a slight more insight from all others in the audience? i hope you know what i mean, because its hard to express it.
and of course you want to hug him and have him tell you that everything will be okay. he is life partner material. sorry i use the word 'material.
and of course he is so sweet, you heart cracks and polite and super master of the guitar.

he was to be around after the gig 'if we want to have a chat'
only thing i did was i shook hands with him on my way out. and said hi.
terrific.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|