View Single Post
Old 10.09.2010, 04:08 AM   #12705
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, 9/10? You must've really gotten a boner! Have you seen Drugstore Cowboy? Matt Dillon is awesome in that.

I watched... BRAZIL... which, of course, is many people's favorite movie of all time. I've seen it twice before, and well, I liked it a bit more this time, but it's still a high 5 or a low 6 to me. I don't like Gilliam's style, ever, which is just way too indulgent and excessive. He has great editing, and lots of cool shots with that weird lens he uses (almost like a fisheye lens at some points, extreme closeups on people's faces and whatnot). This movie has plenty of surreal, bizarre laughs, but it's just soooo long and such a mess, and is just completely nonsensical 90% of the time. The constant dream sequences are boring, the acting is very inconsistent (some of the actors are amazing.... that ugly Griest chick the main guy is inexplicably dreaming of... is... well, I think she's probably the worst actress in the history of acting. I actually lowered one point just because of her. I hear that Gilliam HATED her and her performance and cut like 30 minutes worth of her scenes. Should've just cut her out completely. HORRIBLE)... anyway, this is usually one of those love it or hate it deals, and I guess I'm just in the middle. I feel like there's a great movie in here somewhere, and the sets, for example, are amazing.. as is the costume design.. two things I usually don't give a shit about in films. So, yeah, I dunno. Alright film, but there just seems to be something off about it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|