View Single Post
Old 04.01.2012, 12:08 PM   #31
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I get it now. I share a similar dislike of that Magnetic Fields person and that latest video for those very same reasons. NY isn't too different from London with the bear/twink dichotomy, although the twinks have started sporting beards now and everyone looks the same. There is increasing trans and genderqueer/gender non-conforming visibility in the NY arts world, but my perception might be skewed because I'm around those people all the time. I agree that the vid is problematic in some ways but I don't feel the need to police that guy's shit and I don't think his work is some kind of bellwether for all queer cultural production. Half the shit on the LOGO network is far more insidious. PG just suxxx.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|