View Single Post
Old 12.23.2013, 08:06 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I want to see this, saw an article about in the LA Weekly. I think Bikini Kill's first two records might be the best punk records by a predominantly female group, ever, and that riotgrrl era produced some all-time gems, but the fierceness, the aptness, the uniqueness of those two records (which were rightfully reissued as a single CD) is unparalleled greatness which should be celebrated. Had women ever even voiced such an attitude on an album before? I mean, seriously, it was everything so many women wanted to say, yet felt compelled not too, and then Kathleen Hanna and Tobi come out swinging. The best part is they were by no means "man-haters" considering Tobi's several "famous" boyfriends and the fact that their guitar player was a dude, and not the self-hating kind.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|