View Single Post
Old 07.08.2011, 04:12 PM   #14903
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Yeah, La Strada has always interested me, but I've never gotten around to seeing it. The whole movie it didn't occur to me that she was in La Strada until the end when she's walking on the road with that black tear or whatever, for some reason it reminded me of the cover to La Strada, which I've seen a zillion times at the library.

I didn't know that about Shirley Maclaine and that movie. I'll definitely watch that. Love Shirley, especially in Some Came Running.

If you can, try and watch La Strada and Bresson's Au hasard Balthazar one after the other. They're almost identical but manage to complement and in a way complete one another. Im not sure if that was Bresson's intention when making Balthazar (I'm sure it wasn't) but, well I'm also sure you'll get my point if you watch them like that. Individually they're both fantastic but placed side by side they become a kind of epiphany. They should be put together in a boxset.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|