View Single Post
Old 11.15.2013, 09:57 AM   #1
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Can anyone identify the band or number in this old Kristy McNichol after-school special from 1975, Me & Dad's New Wife? It starts around the 33-minute mark, when the boys and girls are heading into the junior-high gym for the dance. It picks up audibly as McNichol and Leif Garrett have a go at one another.

I've been asking about. Some people have suggested that it might be a 'stock' or 'library' recording. I have my doubts, for it was usually instrumental classical, jazz or psychedelic lounge music that comprised stock music well into the '70s. The band in question sounds like it has its chops down--not participating in a one-off performance of a number they couldn't give a damn about.

It sounds like a Detroit or New York band of the Brownsville Station / Stooges / Starz persuasion.

Anyway, take a listen and tell me what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02MavpLZps
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|