View Single Post
Old 12.12.2015, 01:36 PM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
couldn't listen to Ten after a certain age until that new remix they've done to it and i quite like most of the songs on it still. Vs. has crappy red hot chilli peppers plastic drum sound and silly funk songs. didn't like it then and don't really like it now though some songs grew on me. Vitalogy has "Tremor Christ" on it.

we all could easily make fun of Pearl Jam in their early years because it all comes off a little embarrassing -- this mismatched tracy chapman goes grunge with Hendrix leads band with a hippie beach bum singer -- that they were but, I respect them.

they found their place in the heartland rock world and mind their own business unlike Smashing Pumpkins who should have fucked off from the very beginning.

Well said, p-green. Well said indeed.
I have a soft spot for Pearl Jam that will probably never go away. I'm really glad they took the road less traveled and five under the radar to become a cult live band that didn't give a fuck about commercial success.

That's said, I stil think they've only had fleeting moments of non-absolute stickiness on their records since about '98. "Fixer" was one of those moments, because even though it was pretty basic rawk type stuff it still sounded downright dangerous on the radio compared to fucking "love boat captain" and whatnot.

Agree totally about the drums on Vs. Still love "Go"... But yeah, those were some terrible drum sounds. Agree about the odd mismatched, mottled patchwork quality their image and sound had, especially when they tried to throw a punk backbone into the mix. That's why they work well as a boring jam-type band, because boring jam type bands are all over the place as well, and somehow it works for them.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|