View Single Post
Old 03.22.2013, 04:14 AM   #2679
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

gerrard should have at least another year in him from what i've seen

It's not so much about his fitness, I just think that for as long as Gerrard remains at Anfield, Rodgers will likely struggle to really stamp his identity there - similar to the situation at Chelsea while Terry's still around.

Quote:
here's my question-- who's to say that guardiola is going to make a barca II and not something completely different?

I was trying to make the same point. The problem is that compared with most other managers of his stature, there are whole areas of management that we've yet to see Guardiola deal with. I'm not writing him off but I do think he's a bigger risk than his success at Barca might suggest.

Quote:
as for insfrastructure, bayern has a huge one

And with that comes a certain institutionalised way of doing things. Fine if Guardiola's happy just to keep things going but I assume he'll want to do things his way and that could involve stepping on toes not used to being stepped on, with enough weight behind the scenes to make things difficult for him, especially if they have any kind of dip in form.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if I was in charge at Bayern, I'd have broken the bank to get Mourinho. Love him or hate him, he's successful everywhere he goes, knows how to handle pressure (a definite weak point with Guardiola) and, well, he's Mourinho. If I imagine Bayern under Guardiola I'm faced with a mixture of excitement and a whole load of question marks. Bayern under Mourinho, though, and I see Death Star levels of pure awesomeness. Oh well.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|