View Single Post
Old 03.21.2013, 08:26 PM   #2677
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know much about Gotze but I'm wondering if Rodgers would want to replace Suarez with a player so similar. We know he aspires to a quite fluid Barca-like style and Suarez has never been a perfect fit for that. I don't even think you necessarily need a world class striker for that kind of style (look at David Villa). If Suarez does go, maybe a better idea would be to get another striker who's solid but relatively cheap, to work with or as an alternative to Sturridge (say Rickie Lambert - apparently a Liverpool fan, too) and then splash out a bit more on getting the right midfielder. Michu would be perfect. He's young, wouldn't cost ridiculous amounts, has proven Premier league experience and would suit Rodgers style to a T. Plus he'd surely view moving from Swansea to Liverpool as an upgrade. Coutinho and Michu in the same midfield would really look like the start of something, not least a future beyond Gerrard - a far bigger elephant in the room than what to do about Suarez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
guardiola wouldn't get rid of gomez.

I think Robben will go. That doesn't mean others will be safe but unless Guardiola adopts a very different style, I just can't see Robben fitting in at all. It'll be fascinating watching the ins and outs at Bayern this summer. I still have my doubts about Guardiola, at least in terms of whether he can adapt and build a side without the whole Barca infrastructure to rely on. Putting aside players he's inherited from the youth system, his record bringing players into Barca from outside isn't great.

More importantly, and sadly, West Ham will be confirming that they're leaving Upton Park to move to an Olympic Stadium they'll never fill and which'll have zero atmosphere. Nice one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...lympic-stadium
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|