View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 01:51 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Sure, but when did Hollywood last produce an intelligent scewball comedy? Of course it can't be compared with The Wire but in its own way it's further illustrating how Hollywood's TV is continually out-doing its movie one.

Yeah i think tv is going through some kind of "golden age" at the moment, with a lot of talent from film going into cable shows-- not so much network tv. I'm always a couple of years behind because I don't get cable and I watch this stuff on DVD. e.g, i'm waiting for the DVD release of Treme, the latest David Simon project which currently shows on HBO, but I don't wanna pay $100/month just to watch it.

Screwball comedies ended in the 30s and the role of women has changed since then. I don't know what would be today's equivalent. That pothead movie with Ana Faris? No-- Looks like comedy is a "dude's genre" these days, in 'Merica at least. I can think of some comedies I've liked in the past 10 years, none would qualify as screwball anyway, but none of it stars a woman either. It's always goofy dudes getting into shit.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|