View Single Post
Old 06.25.2014, 02:30 PM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i gradully stopped caring.

That's a totally legitimate feeling to me. I can't think of any other form of art that's been discussed, dissected, patronised, overrated, underrated etc more than music since, maybe, the 60s.

It only seems normal for some people to exhaust on it and get overwhelmed by the amount of redundant discussion. That group of people to me includes musicians themselves. If this means that eventually more and more artists totally detach themselves from the idea of having an audience and have less distractions, maybe we're going to hear more emphatic music than a lot of what you hear these days. I don't think this a bad thing at all, and besides, if no great music is produced ever again, there are so many records to catch up with if you have a keen interest.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|