View Single Post
Old 08.10.2011, 12:09 AM   #44
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie
sorry you grumpy fans but the two Lee joints are totally great and massage the history is an SY work of genius.
Murray St always seemed unfinished to me, not that I blame them, given the events of the time.
But why all the O'Rourke nostalgia? what place does nostalgia have on the SY message board anyway?
I donīt find thereīs nothing wrong in nostalgia. I am almost forty years old, so I think itīs quite natural I am sometimes thinking my past life, alltough I live my life still fully also in this day. And Sonic Youth is over thirty years old, so I think itīs also natural there is nostalgia in SY board. But I agree about that Oīrourke is put into some kind of platform. Sy has made great records before and after him. And what I think is also funny that it seems Lee is a some kind of hero and Thurston is a bad guy. This all seem to exist in many rock band fans, I think also many thinks Mick Jagger is a smug and Keith is "coool".

I also think Walkin Blue is one of the greatest songs in Sonic history, but I also think What we know is quite mediocre. But so is Ericīs Trip also mediocre and Hey Joni just great!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|