View Single Post
Old 10.13.2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
They've got a lot of the dates wrong: Come to Daddy was nothing like 2007, Cash's hurt was nothing like 1995, f'rinstance.

Also, it's quite useful for carbon dating when I entirely stopped paying attention to this sort of music - sometime in the middle of 2004. I've not heard many of the songs after than (apart from the proper pop ones) but I've heard nearly all of the ones before then.

They've got the wrong Winehouse song in the top 10. They've picked a lot of the wrong pop songs.

You can tell that NME's had a big turnaround in staff - there's no way that the Spice Girls would be anywhere near this sort of list with the late-90s clutch of writers (period pains maybe).

I think most of all it's worrying how much of this list I do remember - I'm guessing a lot of the writers are probably my age and used this to be a bit nostalgic. Which begs the question - wot, no Gene? (And the less said about the Bluetones the better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|