View Single Post
Old 09.27.2010, 03:17 PM   #267
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, first of all, Turn It up Faggot is the only album I'd ever want to listen to by them again, so not really that one, but they disowned it, anyway, I guess it wasn't dull, glossy, and predictable enough...And yeah, I mean, all their albums are differnet sides of the same coin, even though they've clearly just gotten glossier since Crpytograms.. all their songs are kinda just that one-note bass robotic simple boring overglossy overproduced crap that doesn't do much, has some little guitar things swirling around (messing with equalizers and whatever), and all seem to exist in some weird vaccum where you can listen to the song 10 times and not really remember anything about the song when it was over, all the songs are so uneventful, usually just resting on some tired, samey arpeggios and all pretty much sound the same. Delay pedal, chorus pedal, one note bass, robotic drums, overloud vocals moaning softly and pleasantly but not ever bothering to create a memorable hook or melody. No interesting or memorable riffs whatsoever, also, that's a big one. It's almost like the worst of Radiohead meets Terror Twilight or something. It's hard to hate since nothing they do is OFFENSIVELY bad -- besides posting pictures of their shit on their blog a while back an the lead singer being a huge dick when I saw them live. I guess FLUORESCENT GREY is their best work, actually, not just because it's their shortest, but also because it perfectly encapsulates the things they do that work. Cryptograms is a pleasant enough record, I'd give it a 5/10 or something. I hate Microcastle. I think it's worthless. I think it's nearly unlistenable -- I can't sit through it ever again. It's like "oh, some nice guitar tones, oh... yeah, hmm... yeah... okay, this is boring as fuck." Their new one is pretty samey. Just not a very interesting band. Easy to ignore.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|