View Single Post
Old 04.13.2017, 09:30 AM   #48661
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

alright so Summerteeth is why I'm a Wilco fan. Wynona Ryder introducing them on Conan was my intro. And as such, I have a lot of attachment to this album. It's not technically my favorite Wilco album. But it's close. And it's one of those albums where I struggle to pick a favorite song. Is it the slacker bummer headnod of "She's A Jar," or the simple strummy "How To Fight Loneliness," or is it the Cars-y pop of "Always In Love" or the what-did-he-just-say lyrics in "Via Chicago" or or or...? I love this record. It's constantly shapeshifting for its entire duration, and yet nothing feels THAT far removed from Being There. This is a band evolving before our eyes, but in a natural way. Like how you can't see someone's hair growing if you see them everyday.