Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 05.23.2019, 02:34 PM   #453
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
She's part of the problem definitely but the fact her own party is split so fundamentally isn't helping her.

I don't think she's actively looking to block anyone specifically. She obviously thinks she's the best person for the job, otherwise she would've never stood as leader to begin with. And I don't think she's that Machiavellian, which, when it comes to negotiating (whether it's with the EU or Parliament or her own party) might be part of her problem. She certainly wouldn't have made it past season 1 in GoT.

There are people in politics who I don't agree with, in terms of policy or how they operate but who I can't help liking. Theresa May's one of those. The most incompetent PM in my lifetime and I disagree with her position on almost everything, but she's always struck me as a fundamentally decent person. I felt the same about John Major - although in fairness he was a far more competent PM than Theresa May.
ok so i gamed this scenario in my head anyway. i think she wants to prevent a no-deal brexit and she’s the stop against that. she thinks it would be a disaster.

boris is a hard brexiter yes? he could just sit on his ass and do nothing and blam, you’re gone on halloween. no need to do anything in particular.

so as long as she’ there no-dealers are blocked.

but if you want to exit with a deal—who is a good alternative to may?

not 2 years ago, but today... who is the true messiah who can deliver a deal?

she seems to be holding their place.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|