View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 01:23 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I had never heard this record till today. I had Babylon Rules, and I liked it at first, certainly admiring the heavy noise rock sound, but in the end, it got old quick. Babylon rules sounds like a band that wasn't entirely sure of what it wanted to be. Instead of combining a unique art damaged sensibility to heavy and catchy punk rock, it came off as something like a band that wasn't quite convincing as either. I was pleasently surprised then to hear Nevermind. The songs are just catchy hardcore meets biker rock tracks with jus the perfect amount of dissonance added to the right parts. Such as Blood River, a track that begins as a straight ahead enough rock track, but slowly degenerates into guitar noise madness, neanderthal drum pummeling, and holwed screams. I probably have to listen again, but on first listen I really dug it. it seems to me that Clockclean er broke up to avoid becoming a parody of themselves, as they probably wouldn't have ever sounded as pure as they did on this record. Especally with Vice Records encouraging them to be "hip".

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|