View Single Post
Old 12.16.2017, 03:40 PM   #1866
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lololol. yes. mega-cringe and infinite hate. and yet we keep watching right?

i think lena dunham is a good writer. she makes very realistic awful characters. aaaaawwwwwwful ha ha ha ha.

no worries there’s just 3 more seasons and the hate will only grow. right in time for christmas.

She is talented, and she’s aware of her generation’s absolute thumb-sucking absurdity, or she wouldn’t be able to make her attractive young intelligent characters seem so naturally repulsive. I don’t know a lot about her, but I feel as though the show must be VERY autobiographical. The graduate school stuff is cracking me the fuck up.

ETA: I just looked her up and she’s only a few years younger than I am, so touché, me, on that generational insult.

They are all narcissists though, don’t you think? Like, literally every single person with the possible exception of Adam and maybe Hannah’s weird parents. They’re all just a different “brand” of narcissist.

I really fucking hate it that sex is only described as “fucking,” regardless of the situation. Like, even when two (ostensibly) in love people are taking about their own sex life in a tender moment, it’s still “I love you so so much and I really love fucking you.” And then in casual conversation it’s never anything else... “I fucked Shoshanna.” “Your dad fell down when he was fucking me.” “Have you let him fuck yet?” or whatever. Ugh. Maybe I’m a prude, but I don’t think I’ve ever spoken like that to someone I was actually involved with and committed to.

What a weird goddamn world.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|