View Single Post
Old 05.02.2009, 11:32 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha no problem.

I used to LOVE electronic music, I'm so bored with it now though. Too many groups using the same synth sounds and the same techniques. I mainly listen to raster-norton stuff, which I like a lot, lots of simple minimal click and cut things... I also really love Autechre and have for years, they're just amazing. Eight Frozen Modules and Venetian Snares are worth listening to if you want the REALLY insane, complex cut-up beats-going-from-speaker-to-speaker stuff. Even though it's kinda cliché, for anyone just getting into electronic music, I think everyone would love Squarepusher and Aphex Twin a lot. Just amazing melodies and great structures. Nothing too intimidating, though both of those artists incorporate a lot of other elements in their work (for example, they've both done stuff in pretty much every subgenre of electronic music -- IDM, jungle, trance, etc... but they're also both done some jazz-type stuff as well).

SYRFox, Porky, and Zeropumpkins probably have a lot of different reccomendations. I don't really know a lot about "dance" music, I guess.

Again, I kinda immersed myself in the genre for years and have grown very sick of it, especially after making lots of electronic music myself. But I'm sure I'll come back to it in the future.

Personally, my all time favorite electronic albums are the WipEout soundtracks. Anyone remember those games? Well, you could put the games in your CD player and listen to all the tracks. I loved doing that. Those songs really take me back.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|