View Single Post
Old 01.09.2017, 10:57 AM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Re: best new/most anticipated 2017:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Avec Le Soleil Sortant De Sa Bouche - Pas pire pop, I Love You So Much

Oh wow, I forgot about Pas Pire Pop, I Love You So Much. Thank you for reminding me! This drops Jan. 20, and I want to place my order with Constellation in time to get it that week.
I really liked Zubberdust! a lot, was a nice reminder that the kind of proggy, krauty, post-rocky stuff from the mid-to-late-'90s and early '00s is still around, that the scene hasn't died completely. I'd still really love a new Fly Pan Am album, or even a follow up to Fuck Off, Get Fee..., because I just have a special place in my heat for this stuff, but having Avec Le Soleil... around is nice.

Quote:
Breeders

There's a new Breeders album coming out?! I was not aware. Or I'd forgotten. But that seems like the kind of thing I would remember... a follow-up to the excellent Mountain Battles, finally!! Is this a sure thing, or .... ?

Quote:
Do Make Say Think
Kassel Jaeger & Jim O’Rourke - Wakes on Cerulean

Also didn't know about DMST, but that's definitely something to look forward to. Again, love that whole extended family of Canadian post-rocky outfits, even if their "era" is kind of over (I blame Arcade Fire -- who's also coming out with something this year -- not because I hate them, but because they blew up in such a huge way, eclipsing their elders, and using their fame to channel Bruce Springsteen and U2, and kinda turning their back on the scene that birthed them.)

Quote:
Six Organs Of Admittance - Burn The Threshold
Thurston Moore - Rock n Roll Consciousness
Lee Ranaldo - Electric Trim

Six Organs of Admittance - Burning the Threshold will be out Feb. 24. Forgot about that one too. I'm excited about this one.
Here's artwork:

And of course I'm pumped about whatever Jim has cooking for the year, as well as the solo albums from Thurston and Lee.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|