View Single Post
Old 04.30.2010, 06:18 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
!@#$%!: We don't have a script or even a concrete idea of what we're going to do yet. I don't know what we'd use the chroma keying for; at this point I'm just messing around with whatever I can. That Sleater-Kinney video you showed is a pretty good idea of what we can achieve, but I'm not sure if it'll fit the song we want to do a video for...

shabbray 2.0: What do you mean by using "masks"? I have been messing around with animation, but the video camera doesn't seem to be able to capture still images. I have a regular digital camera, but no tripod. I should probably look into that...

Both of you: The song we're planning to do a a video for can be heard at the link in my sig, if you what to check it out...it's called "Run".

i like the song-- if i was going to make a video maybe i'd get a shoot of your band playing and solarize the fuck out of it and add various degreees motion blur/trailing for "psychedelic" effect-- i mean just a quick idea, and you won't need after effects, you can do it with avid and i suppose fcp too.

invert + solarize:

motion blur:

actually, see more effects here:

http://www.borisfx.com/avid/bccavx/color_blurs.php

and fuck chroma keying-- it's gimmicky, and mostly horrid.

you can have multiple takes of your band playing and then cut them together to simulate multicam-- one wide shot, one of each player, etc, then cut them together.

and i'd second the idea of using vegas-- *i don't use it*, but it works with pretty much in any PC, no specialized hardware required (like final cut pro which works only on apple, or avid which requires very strict specs on the workstation). anyway, vegas has its own unique workflow but people who use it love it. i've never heard anyone say "vegas is shit". never.

anyway its 530 on friday so gotta get off the computer but might check back this weekend at some point.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|