View Single Post
Old 04.01.2014, 03:45 PM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I just wish it wasn't all treated like we are buying some rare boutique items.

They never list prices until you get to the record store. That Dinosaur/Cure split will likely be $15-$20 for 2 songs, which I already own both versions, original and cover, on vinyl which I found at a record convention for $5 each.

It is a cool idea, and I LOVE record stores, but RSD does not mean people browse the record stores, which is like the whole fucking purpose right? People just buy what they choose off a list, some fuck takes it out of boxes and hands it to you, then you leave after paying at least double what it is worth.. I would say that describes 90% of everyone I see at RSD events.
One of the reasons for this is people buying these limited editions, re-presses etc to sell them to some clueless idiot on Ebay or Discogs. That's another story. I can imagine a lot of people end up with records they assume, wrongly, to be worth much more than they do in a few months' time. Hardly the original RSD idea, is it?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|