View Single Post
Old 12.30.2011, 05:02 PM   #19
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
For a while yeah.

E. Noisefield, if you're looking for more jazz then just look at the members of the jazz groups you already like. You like Coltrane so you might like McCoy Tyner, Rashied Ali, Elvin Jones, Pharoah Sanders, Paul Chambers etc.

Thelonious and Miles also, they tutored a lot of the greatest jazz band leaders of all time. Every player worth a shit could probably be tracked back to those 2 somehow.

Thanks! Good suggestion. I'm looking for good drummers and pianists, so I'll just check the liner notes of the records I have. Also, I've heard of Pharoah Sanders, but never actually listened. Any particular recommendations?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|