View Single Post
Old 01.12.2020, 09:44 PM   #24388
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't see how it's about football. What makes you think it might be?

ABSOLUTE SPOILERS FOLLOW

well there’s the whole cover provided by an actual football game but then the whole caper ends up being a kind of match that between english crime vs the italian mafia (and italian police and etc), but the while nation is represe ted. coward plays a kind of king, his subjects cheer while he feasts alone, his theme music is a medley of military marches and other representative music, and then the team has... does it have 11 criminals? i forget now, i should go back and count, but at the end, see, at the end SPOILER SPOILERS the whole prison is celebrating the victory but then they end with an “england can’t win” comic cliffhanger . although that probably was not the case just 3 years out of winning the world cup, but somehow, i don’t know, maybe i’m reading too much into it, but it seems as if football were the metanarrative here, sort of like, “let’s think of a crime as an international football match.” VERY FUNNY.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|