View Single Post
Old 11.29.2010, 03:33 AM   #13324
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Jackie Brown

7/10

Usually you can't go wrong with Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, and/or Robert De Niro. And this time Chris Tucker briefly came along for the ride. But this one was WAY TOO LONG. I understand the story took some time to develop, and some Tarantino films can run a little long, but usually they have an occasional burst of violence to pick the pace a little. Only 4 people got shot in this one, and all fairly far apart from one another. Some good music and dialog, but I have to say this is probably my least favorite QT film (at least Death Proof moved a bit faster).

AND

Megamind 3D

7/10

OK, for a while I was a bit skeptical regarding the resurgence of 3D movies, but in this case the visuals certainly did help an enjoyable yet predictable little flick. I went into this one completely blind, knowing nothing about the story, so I was a little "oh c'mon now, it's just Superman and Brainiac" regarding the exposition. But it got a little better as it wore on, though without spoiling too much I could see one major plot point a mile away. At one point, the villian tells the hero there's no Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny, and my girl and I were wondering what impact that might've had on any kids in the audience (remember, it's a family film)...