View Single Post
Old 07.11.2006, 02:45 PM   #581
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i was afraid that the fantasy game would ruin my enjoyment of the world cup (thinking during each entire game of how many points i would get from each action, and hoping that a forward makes a lot of shots on goal but without scoring, because both the forward and the goalkeeper are in my team), but fortunately it did not happen, i still enjoyed the real games without thinking too much of the fantasy game... it's strange that i won this, i was surprised during the whole thing that i kept being lucky and staying first or second...

yes, the name comes from Grand Popo Football Club... i chose this name by chance, i created my team just before the WC opening game and had no idea of a name...
apparently grand popo is a place in Benin:

i thought it was a really great final, but i wonder if i would have found this final that great if i had been neutral.

a lot of drama, in any case... i have thought a lot about zidane's headbutt and i absolutely do not know what to think of it. it's strange to think that this will be his last action as a footballer. the image of him walking out of the field past the cup was amazing. the deposed hero... everything was ready to make him the hero of this night and he nearly destroys it all by himself (right after the good headball buffon stopped, perhaps a turning point), it even looks as if he knew exactly what he was doing...

anyway, it was sad to see thuram cry at the end, he played really well again... also sad for Trezeguet... foolishly i was convinced that he was going to score 2-1 for France when he came in...

from the very start, i had the feeling italy could win this WC... i had the feeling it was the team who would be able to beat Brazil (at the time before the WC when most people were wondering if one team could actually beat Brazil).

i also had the feeling that if it's penalties, then Italy was the sure winner.

i had the impression that France really dominated the whole second half time and the overtime, but then again they did not have a lot of opportunities... and in the end, it turns out France has not managed to score a non-penalty-kick goal since the quarterfinals...

so it's over, now. the city already feels a bit different.
the bus of the french team drove in the street where i work on monday morning (on their way to the airport, i guess), but i only heard the sirens, when i came to the window, it was already gone...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|