View Single Post
Old 02.05.2020, 10:12 AM   #5834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
all you say is true, but not part of what the book covered,

Mr. Hislop was deeply offended by the 1865 Papal decree that Mary, wife of Joseph and mother of lil baby jeebus, was born and died a Virgin, and was born FROM a virgin, ideas wholly drawn from paganism and not part of the Bible in any way. He saw where that type of shit leads.
ah, right. that was originally worked out by james frazier’s golden bough, yeah

but as opposed to protestants i think it’s cool as fuck that when the splinter jews set up their own monotheism in rome, rome squeezed the pantheon back into it in the form of saints and virgins and the bleeding sacred heart and all manner of gold robes and special effects and statues and shit. rome conquered judea, judea conquered rome, then they had a baby, lol.

monotheism is fucking boring! hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
to me protestantism was an attempt to go back to early christian days, but once churches are set up, and priests start collecting mad cash from the people, corruption always sets in.

yeha, when you look at the history of renaissance philosophy and the justifications each church found for splintering you realize how grotesque things got. i have an idea therefore i have a church. which is good for “freedom” i guess, but makes for some terrible religions.

this is how over the centuries we end up with the gospel of money or whatever the fuck some people believe in this country. “being rich means god loves you” basically. lololol.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|