View Single Post
Old 05.25.2014, 06:34 PM   #4231
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i also think it's rather tragic that donovan is seen as the greatest american football hero. i mean, he's nobody outside of the MLS. meanwhile, tim howard is everton's GK. hello.

That is because you have a flawed perspective about this, you keep comparing Landon to MLS, but he is the greatest American football hero for what he has done on the pitch at the international level, and especially at the tournament level. Is he Ronaldo? Probably not. However, you literally look STUPID to even remotely compare Donovan to Tim Howard just because of where Tim plays. Landon has the USMNT record for career goals, for goals in tournament play, for career assists, and for assists in tournament. How is that NOT an American football hero? Even more, he is the first true American celebrity footballer (and celebrity to Americans, we could care less what you Euro trash "fans" think about it)..

Also, he is a huge part of the growth and progression of the USMNT. You're analysis about USMNT is flawed in that you're ten years behind. Those things you mentioned in your critique are how it USED to be for the USMNT, but over the past 10-15 years all of those valid issues have begun to be addressed and improved. I think over the past 12 years USMNT has held its own with all of the best teams in the world. Are we better than them? NO. Not a chance. Can we hang, compete, and even steal a game or two? Duh, the improved results in our win record speaks for itself. In other word, stop being a football snob/ hater..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|