View Single Post
Old 05.25.2014, 09:09 AM   #4228
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i think in the end for him it's all about making up a squad of players who have determination, commitment, hunger, etc.--and as national technical director (not just manager of the main team) he's in charge of the youth teams, player development, etc. ---so i see this as him trying to change the work ethic--- it's not enough to go play in europe but you have to be in the top teams there, play every chance you can, etc. he took donovan to bayern and donovan disappointed in 2009; he wasn't happy when dempsey returned from the prem to become a seattle sounder, etc. ect.. so in making an example of donovan he's broken an egg to make an omelet. i say let him. us "soccer" has much bigger problems than missing ladycakes-- the first one is being called "soccer" and then there's all kinds of other things like a lack of decent youth teams, a shitty league, "drafts", "playoffs" and other cack that makes the game not serious here. imagine cr7 going on a 4 month sabbatical in the middle of the season!

here's an interesting article that talks about somewhat of an overall strategy for his changes. and yes it also notes big differences between the u.s. and germany, but still...

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/05/2...-germany-2006/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|