View Single Post
Old 11.27.2012, 05:35 PM   #2153
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the first two thirds of Moneyball was definitely where it's at. I've got Sport's Night on my Lovefilm (Netflix equiv.) list so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

And yeah, I think football's far too fluid for the moneyball idea to really apply. Unless, as you say, it's just about buying no frills value for money players, which has obviously been going on long before moneyball arrived. And in terms of price per goal, look no further than Torres who, at 50m, must've cost Chelsea close to 5 million a goal so far!!!

Kagawa's still injured but when I saw him he looked fantastic.

As for intelligent, non-money obsessed players, they're definitely at a premium in the Prem. I honestly can't think of a single one who wouldn't leave for a club willing to pay them far more than what they're already getting at their current club. Loyalty seems measurable only in terms of how much more they'd ask for before moving elsewhere.Prem footballers are like those Thai hookers who'll be your girlfriend only until someone else arrives willing to pay them more.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|