View Single Post
Old 05.14.2009, 08:25 AM   #99
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I've thought about it some more, and I'm going with "longevity".

maybe it's just the glut of music that's "out there" or maybe it's just not as good, but I really don't hear much today that makes me think "these guys will still be huge in 30 years".

I've thought that before, and it didn't come to me again till you mentioned it. A popular band used to stick around a lot longer. Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, AC/DC, etc... while I'm not a huge fan of all of those, you have to give them credit for longevity.

Or maybe you don't. Maybe the credit should go to the music fans of that period, ones who didn't look at music from 5 years before as "old" and knew what they liked, not just what they were told to like (ok, that last part I'm sure still played a part back then, but I can't imagine it was as bad as it is now).

We should also probably give credit to the bands that didn't form. The bands that didn't say, "Wow, that Rolling Stones sound sure is a hit! Let's do exactly that!" Once again, sure it happened, but I would guess on a much smaller level than it does now, with everybody thinking they can and should form a band.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|