View Single Post
Old 01.03.2019, 05:22 PM   #54
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Being a fan of Low long as I have, can’t say I recall ever having the need to rank the albums in order. I agree with Severian, Long Division is essential......along with: Trust, TWLITF, and Double Negative.

Being older and set in my ways, I understand spending the day binging on a band like, Low......but not to produce a ranking. I was fortunate to purchase Low albums as they were released, devouring them over a period of time that led up to seeing the songs performed in concert.....,lucky, lucky me : )

Well......this wasn’t the case with TWLITF. Low played Austin on a Friday night before the album dropped the following Tuesday......but they had copies at the merch table and Alan handed it to me as I handed him cash. I also got to visit with Alan the morning after when I ran in to him surfing the racks at Waterloo records.

Seeing Low perform songs live can greatly skew any ranking system you devise!

Would someone suggest to Skuj that going back and reading the previous two album threads may help him in his quest of all things LOW.

Ones and Sixes

The Invisible Way

Yeah, it’s never really occurred to me to rank their records, which is weird because I rank everything!!!

But I dig what you’re getting at.

Skuj: I’ve been a fan for a very long time, but not as long as this guy.
Do check out the other Low threads, because there’s a lot of discussion about them here, and their fans are devoted.

Probably the second most popular band on the board after Sonic Youth if I had to guess.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|