View Single Post
Old 12.21.2009, 07:45 AM   #279
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
It was sooooo much fun, this weekend followed by the In Between Days week followed by the 10 Years of ATP weekend.
Being stuck for ten days in a cold and rainy Butlins holiday resort in the middle of December may sound like HELL for most people, but I loved every minute of it.... almost!

It's always fun to meet some fellow boardies (blunderbuss, slavo, greenlight, stu666), although I didn't see much of the SYG crowd apart from the twats I was sharing my chalet with.

As far as music goes this was probably the "worst" ATP I've been to, but even then there were enough highlights to make it worthwile:

Th' Faith Healers - they were really good, even though everyone kept walking out and they ended up playing the least-attended Pavillion show I've ever seen.

EPMD - really great show, reminded me that there's often not enough hip hop at ATP.

My Bloody Valentine - I went in with low expectations, but I did really enjoy them and kept coming back every night to see at least part of their set (of course that also means there weren't enough other bands playing the other stages!!!). I think the Saturday show was the best one, then Friday and then the Sunday one, which ironically happens to be the only one I saw in full. They played the EXACT same setlist 3 nights in a row, verrrry imaginative. I also heard they cancelled their rehearsal show on Thursday because they weren't happy with the rehearsal for the rehearsal.... such utter cunts.
Anyway, I was very happy to finally see them....haven't we all played Loveless to death at some point in our lives? I know I did.

The Dirty Three and Lightning Bolt were really good too, but they were even better when they were playing the Crazy Horse during the In Between week.

Sonic Youth I enjoyed, but I couldn't get into it as much as I wanted to. Highlights for me were The Sprawl, Massage the History and DV69.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|