View Single Post
Old 08.19.2009, 03:25 PM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
stooges? stooges? the stooges are turgid boring fucking one-riff wonders compared to sonic youth and The Eternal man.

fuck "mature" I want SY to ROCK and the eternal rocks fucking HARD. Best lee songs in years, thurston is writing inventive changes and rifffs again insteaad of his barely tolerable acoustic guitar noodling.
Kim is singing with purpose again, and not just trying to sound as bad as possible.

when I play sides 1 and 3 on my stacker turntable, side one ends and then side three begins right where side one finished! It makes me think the same song is starting but it is just a neat sequencing tirck! The same thing happens when you lay side 2 and side 4 on the stacker. side 2 ends and it fades back in at the beginning of side 4. genius!

I know I will get a lot of flack for this, but it is the best thing I have heard from SY since thousadn leaves., better that sonic nurse (which I love) and far far better than washing machine (which is deadly dull at times) and murray street, (which is tepid throughout and actually sounds more like what you describe in the first post)